Q3 pwnz!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules and other stuff you need to know.

5 posters

Go down

Rules and other stuff you need to know. Empty Rules and other stuff you need to know.

Post by Para Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:53 pm

The tournament will be "best out of 3". Both players get to choose a map. If 1 player won both maps he won the match. If both players won 1 map, the player with the highest score of both maps combined will get to choose the third map.
If the finale players want to play best out of 5. That is fine with me, if agreed upon before the match starts.

Match time and dates have to be made on the forum. If a player has scheduled a match and doesn't show up for more than 15 minutes after the scheduled time it will result into a NOSHOW. Which means an automatic loss of the match.

Players of each group will be chosen at random.

The top 2 players of each group will go to the winner playoffs. The bottom 2 or 1 to the non-winner playoffs. As shown in the following brackets.
Rules and other stuff you need to know. 64Eoa1I
or double elimination:
Rules and other stuff you need to know. LoqUCMj
What do you like better?

Players are required to post a screenshot of the match outcome on the forum.

Allowed client side mods are NoGhost and Nemesis.

Cheaters aren't allowed ofcourse.

Please be friendly to each other. There is much skill difference in this tournament that's why there are 2 different playoffs. Please don't randomly scream "cheater" or "noob". I prefer "could I see your demo please?" and "good game" instead. Excessive abuse will not be tolerated.

The use of scripts (rocket jump scripts for example) are not allowed.

Everybody is required to make demo's of the matches. A player can request demo's of 2 opponents. Administration or referees reserve the right to request demo's at all time.
Failure to provide a demo if asked will result in a loss of that match.
to record a demo write:
/g_syncronousClients 1
/record demoname
/g_syncronousClients 0
to stop recording
/stoprecord

Connection settings. cl_timenudge has to be 0. Why no other settings? Because there are a few newer players who have no idea what this all is. Please don't mess up your settings on purpose. I will notice and won't be happy. Preferred settings are rate 5000-25000 and cl_maxpackets 40-100.

The 1v1 tournament server:  
85.17.81.166:27953
/password tournament

write: /ready if you are ready to start the game
You can also vote on disabling chat:
/callvote vstr chatoff
/callvote vstr chaton
You can pause and unpause the game by:
/callvote pause
/callvote unpause

Maplist:

pro-q3dm6
q3tourney4
hub3aeroq3
pro-nodm9 (remake of q3dm13)
pukka3tourney2
ztn3tourney1

I havn't made a new mappack but you can just use the 1v1 mappack, it contains all these maps and more. http://q3pwnz.org/1v1maps.zip

The group stage should be done within 2 weeks.  Ends November 21
Quarter finals should be done within 1 week. Ends November 28
Semi-finals should be done within 1 week. Ends December 5
Finals should be done within 1 week. Ends December 12
Dates may change if there are many people who screw up.
But the tournament has to be finished before the holidays.

Have fun everybody!

Last edited by Para on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:03 pm; edited 12 times in total

Para

Back to top Go down

Rules and other stuff you need to know. Empty Re: Rules and other stuff you need to know.

Post by Para Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:54 pm

I just wrote that out of the top of my head, and my head isn't very sober right now. So if I missed something, please comment Very Happy

And feel free to ask questions.

Para

Back to top Go down

Rules and other stuff you need to know. Empty Re: Rules and other stuff you need to know.

Post by toxic Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:32 pm

I have a few suggestion.. kindly look over them

1. Instead of each player choosing maps alternatively, maybe we can make it such that the loser of the previous map always gets to chose the next map. That way even if he loses his best map, he will have a chance to chose his second best map the next game.

2. How about a rule where each player gets to drop one map before the start of their game. The maps dropped cannot be chosen by either of them. Say A is playing B. A drops aerowalk and B drops ztn. Then in their best of 3, those maps cannot be selected.
I think this will be good for people who are not familiar with some of the maps like toxicity or nodm9, or simply for maps which they have not practised much, or they can drop maps which they think their opponent has a lot of practice and experience in.

3. How about a sudden death system? in this, each player has an option of making their next selected map a sudden death map. If they win that map, they get 2 points(it will be counted as 2 map wins), but if their opponent wins that map then they get 2 points also, along with the right to select the next map(their opponent selects the next map after sudden death, no matter the result). However the amount of times a player can call sudden death will be limited, maybe once every 2 games or even once in the tournament.
This might be a good way for players to try to get an advantage on what they think are their strongest maps or for people who are trailing real bad in a series like 2-0 in best of 5.

toxic

Back to top Go down

Post by toxic Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Also i think maybe you can do semifinals as best of 5 and finals as best of 7? Smile

toxic

Back to top Go down

Post by projsa Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:54 pm

Dropping/banning maps is a good system actually, but the rest of your suggestions are not suitable at all imo.

Semifinals should still be best of 3 and maybe the finals ought to be best of 5.
projsa
projsa

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:22 pm

The 1v1 tournament server:
85.17.81.166:27953
/password tournament
write: /ready if you are ready to start the game
(Don't forget to make a demo!!!)

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by gogman Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:23 am

I know that everything is for fun, however, among the players there are people who care about the result of the game (unnecessarily), but they live the game and I understand it (passed through it - beautiful memories Smile). Caring for others, I have some solution - not record a demo of their game by game commands, record your game using the free program "Bandicam" https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/. The free version has the ability to record 10 minutes the film (just bind the key in options to start recording), or as much as we need - it is the perfect move when it comes to dispel doubts and provide a clean game and on the other hand we will have a chance to see cfg players.

For me this is a solution which denies the unnecessary problems and will give us additional "judge" or video to play the game of our opponents.

clean server /clean para peet rules / pure play / .... needed nap then coffee + a little alkochol Smile + wife outside (shopping) !!!  let the bloody hell finally starts Very Happy

btw.!!! I want to thank all the players who are able to engage in what we are trying to create.

gogman

http://www.gomac.pl

Back to top Go down

Post by projsa Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:18 pm

Some people will lagg like a lot if they record with Bandicam. The other option would be to record the game with the ingame commands, and then record the demo with Bandicam.
projsa
projsa

Back to top Go down

Post by gogman Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:15 pm

But it will not work if someone will use wh - recording with Bandicam is the ideal solution. I personally do not feel the growth ping when using Bandicam.

gogman

Back to top Go down

Post by projsa Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:00 am

It's not a matter of latency (ping), it's a matter of FPS loss. If someone is suspected of using WH, you can check it by replaying the demo with the command 'shownormals'.
projsa
projsa

Back to top Go down

Post by ^buu! Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Para im use custom croshair (predator style) http://www.bullseyecrosshairs.com/q3test1.shtm
is this allowed here?

Last edited by ^buu! on Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
^buu!
^buu!

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:14 pm

^buu! wrote:Para im use custom croshair (predator style) http://www.bullseyecrosshairs.com/q3test1.shtm
this is allowed here?

Yep, it's fine Smile

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by gogman Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:23 pm

projsa wrote:It's not a matter of latency (ping), it's a matter of FPS loss. If someone is suspected of using WH, you can check it by replaying the demo with the command 'shownormals'.

Ok so we use only q3 command

gogman

Back to top Go down

Post by projsa Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:46 am

Honestly, both players should agree on the third map. Score isn't relevant at all since you can get 30 frags on hub, whilst it's a LOT harder to get frags on pro-nodm9.
projsa
projsa

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:34 pm

I know, but that only works in a world where people agree with each other Razz

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum