Q3 pwnz!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

decreasing bots

3 posters

Go down

decreasing bots Empty decreasing bots

Post by Razor Thu May 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Para wrote:If this topic was about getting rid of the bots or decreasing them I would have given it serious thought.

i suggest lowering the bot count from 5 to 4. or 3 as on par classic. ppl ask me all time to kick the extra bot. but i have to explain to them they are just coming back

toxic wrote:I think decreasing the bots is going to be good. If the master server was up then keeping more bots would be useful to lure people with player count, but as its not up i think the only players who will connect through ip would be the ones who have played here anyway.

Also, now a days its not very often that more than 5 players are there at a particular time. What happens mostly is 3,4 players being there and one annoying bot on top of that. Decreasing the number of bots could be good but I am not sure by how much though.

I normally find 4+1 situation a lot, where there are 4 players and always that annoying 100 rail accuracy bot xD. If anything, maybe you could remove those bots with 100 rail accuracy in hardcore mode. Like xaero, anarki, sarge and major. I think there are two of them.  We were on dm16 earlier and they kept on hitting rails and throwing people off the map.

i agree for sure on the post above about bot count but making it 3 would be better than 4 as most times there are just 3 ppl playing and it works very well on par classic having this bot count

Razor

Back to top Go down

decreasing bots Empty Re: decreasing bots

Post by toxic Thu May 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Yes, what happens is that there are 3 or 4 people playing and then there is the bot. I want to avoid hitting the bot as.. well its a bot.. instead i wanna shoot real people but then the bot frags me. Especially the 100 rail accuracy bots rainbow and q3pwnz.org are extremely annoying.
But it's just my personal experience, idk whether other people see bots as an annoyance or maybe instead they enjoy killing the bots as it IS an easy kill most of the times. For me atleast, it's very annoying.

toxic

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Fri May 20, 2016 10:05 am

Decreased to 4 for now. Let's see how it goes.

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2016 12:09 am

Yea the only thing bots were useful for was when the master server was up but now that it is down, they are nothing but an annoyance to other players. I do strongly agree that the bots do need to be decreased and thankyou Para for doing so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum