Q3 pwnz!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

add back the regular bot names

5 posters

Go down

add back the regular bot names Empty add back the regular bot names

Post by Razor Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:57 am

i have some wishes of nostalgia reasons if we could add back the regular bot names instead of the renamed ones to the servers. please. someone even said he wanted the gauntlet to be changed to 100 damage again instead of 50

Razor

Back to top Go down

add back the regular bot names Empty Re: add back the regular bot names

Post by toxic Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:52 am

I agree with the bot part. The new names are not as nostalgic as the old ones. I think the old ones should be brought back.

toxic

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:59 pm

*sigh*
nope Smile

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:21 am

Why no? The bot names are really bad. Sorry para but i even dont like them. Please change them back for the nostalgia, THIS IS WHY WE PLAY Q3 XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:15 pm

How can you even have nostalgia? You didn't even play there when the old bot nicks were there lol
You only want them back because you are in razors female fanclub

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:56 am

i still remember shadow before the bot names was changed. he was here in december. and the bots got new names in february. the reason why i remember is bc i remember he begged for lisas new picture back in december and she sent it the day before christmas to me and cerberus but not to shadow

i think few reasons why they should be back is:

1: everyone knows them from human players
2: easy to identify
3: they are classic
4: they were there when we appeared hence the "nostalgia of the server" expression
5: new names are not really fooling anyone but newbies
6: nostalgic

a list of players who agrees with me

1: shadow
2: puni
3: venom
4: tox
5: gamergirl
6: lolita

i should mention i know this is ur server. which u pay for and run as u wish. but i hope u are still open to listen to suggestions from the players. and u also used the original names for years before changing them and now u been using them for like two months. would it really be a big deal changing them back to the original ones? or whats ur opinion on the new names that makes u not want to go back to the old ones?

secondly: i dont think shadow would be a member of a female fanclub anytime soon considering he is a dude and my club is for females only

Razor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:36 am

Yes exactly, i was on the server when the bot names were normal. I am not in razor's female fanclub and Para is claiming that I wasn't even on the server at that time. Its because he wasn't even there to see me and yes even Raz remembers. Ps. I got a female fanclub at school xDDD jks

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:10 pm

In all honesty I am not sure if this is a real topic or troll topic anymore.
I simply can't imagine someone seriously complaining about something that is equivalent to a woman complaining about a guy leaving the toilet seat up.
Are you guys actually serious? And am I supposed ti give a serious response te toilet seats?

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:26 pm

i am serious. and so is the topic as well. but i cant speak for the other ones who has replied to it. are u guys trolling? if u are then stop it. be serious please when replying on here. if u guys want a troll topic where u can talk about herp derp. then go start ur own topic and we can make a giant troll sandwich of it. but be serious here. anyway back on topic. if u are against the idea of changing the bots back to the original names. maybe we could hear why? only to get a better understanding of it. and as said before: u are the admin so u can run the server as u wish. but if it is a big deal after using the original names for years and the new names for only two months. then maybe u could share ur own point of view on it? and satisfy the curiousity of others. and from my own understanding. it was originally an attempt to bring players to the server before the master server went down. if i recall correctly. in fact i even remember before u gave the bots new names that u used an extra client named john doo sitting in spec along with u with red and black letters. those ideas were good. but they technically didnt make much difference in the end as seen

Razor

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:54 pm

oh my....

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:40 am

I am not trolling, this is serious as the bot names suck shit in my opinion. Who would name a bot 'DukeNukem'? Or 'Lesbo'? These names are gay and i would prefer the old names like Raz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:50 am

You did not just call Duke Nukem gay...

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:26 pm

Duke nukem isn't gay, it's what u named the bot Para.

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:15 pm

I did. And you called it gay...
Also, calling something "gay" is not the preferred language around here.

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Raz I remember when I used to be fooled by those bot names xD. Anyway why do you have to make life hard for everyone Para? What really is the big deal about not changing the bot names back? Its your word against ours Para, remember you are supposed to be listening to your players as you are admin, Para. You are being biased, now is it really that hard just to listen to your players?

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Mon May 02, 2016 8:49 pm

The different bot nicks are there to fool new players/noobs. And as you just admitted it works.
As I mentioned earlier. This suggestion to me is equivalent to a woman in my house crying me a river because I left the toilet seat up. I normally ignore that too. I actually thought it was a troll topic because... Don't you have something better to worry about?
If it is really a big deal to change them back... Well no, but is it really such a big deal to keep them as they are?
It is also not really that hard to listen to the players. I have in many occasions where it actually mattered, I've even started new different servers for them. But how hard is it for the players to listen to the admin? What part of "nope" didn't you understand?
If you actually believe this is making life hard. I really wonder how many vagina's you actually have and how often you actually fell in the toilet because the seat was left up.
And for the record, it was razors idea to change the bot ncks, and the lesbo nick was his too.
If this topic was about getting rid of the bots or decreasing them I would have given it serious thought. But this is just rediculous.

To make a long story short. Please don't bother me with stuff that really doesn't matter.

I really wanted to ignore this childish and useless whining. But as it was getting annoying, you now have my response. I hope that cleared it up.

Para

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor Mon May 02, 2016 9:17 pm

shadow. just calm down a little bit bro. we can make a request but we can not require anything. just remember its para who pays for the servers so he can run the servers as he wishes. as much as i wishes to bring the old bots back. then i would never make a requirement of it. as it would be totally wrong. its like visiting someone u know as a guest to stay at their place and then the next moment act like u own their house. we can only make a request. and then hope it will be fulfilled with a little bit of luck. but making a requirement wont get u anywhere. if anything it could just make things worse. if u are not careful with ur words. just pointing that out as its common sense. and now para when u said so. then i remember i did make a suggestion about it. but what i personally dont like is the colored names. especially not the names with black letters. but i dont recall that the lesbian alias was my idea. as i recall asking about it thinking it had something to do with lisa. anyway how about decreasing the bots then? many times 5 bots feels a little too much. on par classic for example there are only 3 of them. when there are no players online. in my opinion thats a perfect count as it only take that many players to totally remove the bots

Razor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 1:30 am

Ok I am calm, the bot names are good only for noobs to be fooled but also makes the server look childish. I am not against your decision Para as it is your server, I am just saying that the bot names are lame and it would be good if they were changed back to the original. But i am not forcing anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by toxic Wed May 04, 2016 3:34 am

I think decreasing the bots is going to be good. If the master server was up then keeping more bots would be useful to lure people with player count, but as its not up i think the only players who will connect through ip would be the ones who have played here anyway.

Also, now a days its not very often that more than 5 players are there at a particular time. What happens mostly is 3,4 players being there and one annoying bot on top of that. Decreasing the number of bots could be good but I am not sure by how much though.

I normally find 4+1 situation a lot, where there are 4 players and always that annoying 100 rail accuracy bot xD. If anything, maybe you could remove those bots with 100 rail accuracy in hardcore mode. Like xaero, anarki, sarge and major. I think there are two of them.  We were on dm16 earlier and they kept on hitting rails and throwing people off the map.

toxic

Back to top Go down

Post by VENOM Mon May 09, 2016 11:55 am

I'm also for the idea of bots getting their original names. It just feels good to see Major and Bones getting their asses kicked.

VENOM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 12:02 pm

Ahaha, yea. The original names are way better and awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazzers Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:07 am

bot names are great!
Brazzers
Brazzers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down